My theme is Industrial. The pictures each emphasize some metal object that would not be of any interest otherwise. I wanted to emphasize the textures of the metals that give them character. I also decided to link the photos by how they were edited. Each photo was edited to that parts were black and white, and other parts were purposely left in color, or even emphasized.
Dock along Lake Michigan in Chicago, The water was purposefully edited to draw the viewer's eye down to the bolts at the bottom.
Old and Dull lawn mower blade, The blade had not been used in almost a decade. Since I was going to start it up, I wanted to show the deterioration that had happened. Keeping the blade color is significant showing that this old tool can still be used, and the black and white is to still show its age.
Old rusted Garage door, emphasis on the metals in the picture only. I made the bricks and the wood door frame black and white to keep the viewer focused on the door. The track leads the viewers eye up from the bottom to the wheel of the garage door, to the bright orange rust. I enjoy how the track and door split the picture up in a very non- traditional way.



No comments:
Post a Comment